Tuesday, July 17, 2012

DIY Inspiration | Homemade Quilt

Every summer when I visit my family at the lake, I admire the beautiful quilt that lies on the bed in the guest room.  It is the only quilt that my grandmother ever made.  My aunt, on the other hand, has made many quilts.  The fabric strips and completed quilt squares of her latest project can always be found on the table by her sewing machine.


Every summer I think to myself how much I would love to make my own quilt, but the summer flies by and then school begins and, before I know it, it's summer again and I still haven't made a quilt.


Since I am now a college graduate and will have my weekends free to do as I please come fall (one definite perk of post grad life!), I am determined to finally make my quilt this year.  And I'm posting my intentions on this blog so that hopefully my wonderful readers will hold me to it!


[photos courtesy of Etsy]


No comments:

Post a Comment