Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Intrigue of Instagram

As I mentioned a few months back, I got an iPhone for Christmas.  And I have been addicted to Instagram ever since.  Needless to say, I was more than a little intrigued when I came across this article in the Wall Street Journal a few weeks ago.  The article discusses the possibility that digital cameras will become obsolete due to the quality and convenience of the iPhone camera and all of the artsy-fartsy apps at our disposal.  It got me thinking... when was the last time I used my digital camera?  The quality of my iPhone camera is equal to that of my 8.0 megapixel Kodak camera, and Instagram allows me to easily add cool effects to my photos, which automatically appear on my Mac thanks to iCloud.  Most of the photos that I've posted on this blog lately have been taken with my iPhone rather than my digital camera.  Heck, I never even took my digital camera out of my clutch at my sorority formal last weekend, opting instead for the ease and beautiful effects of iPhone and Instagram.


The ease of the iPhone camera also means that I've taken to documenting otherwise insignificant things/activities throughout the day.  Here's a look at a few of the photos that I've taken in the last few months using Instagram:








Are you addicted to Instagram?  Or are you loyal to your digital camera?  





No comments:

Post a Comment