Monday, January 30, 2012

Merry Christmas Mom & Dad


Finally... a Christmas DIY recap.

Mom's Beaded Button Down



Mom loved the shirt and was super impressed when she realized that I'd added the beads myself (mainly because I don't like hand-sewing and always ask her to tie up the loose ends of my projects).  Look ma, I did it myself!  She wore the shirt to Christmas dinner and then all over town in the following weeks, proudly reporting back on all the compliments she received.  Success!

However,  Mommy Dearest, I must note that your excitement was incriminating.  You proved that you don't read my blog because I posted what I was making for you and Dad a month before Christmas.  Busted!  Anyway, if you're looking for the tutorial click no further.

Dad's Mustached Scotch Glasses



Daddy loves a good scotch, so to add to his assortment of college-crested scotch glasses I made him a set of classic, manly glasses complete with handpainted mustaches.

My family later decided to label each glass according to whose mustache it most resembles.  They are (from left to right, top to bottom): Sherlock Holmes, Charlie Chaplin, Zorro, and Wilford Brimley.


No comments:

Post a Comment