Wednesday, December 28, 2011

DIY Cigarette Pants

Craving a pair of cigarette pants and realizing I had a pair of ill-fitting
and neglected khakis in my closet, I decided to make my own. 


First I let out the hem of the pants...


...then I cut off the extra fabric.


I measured and marked the new seam from the
knee to the ankle, tapering the width as I went.


I stitched along the markings, creating a new side seam.


I trimmed the extra fabric from the new seam.


Then I added a zig-zag stitch to the seam to avoid fraying.


Finally, I hemmed the pants to the desired length so
that they fall just above my ankle bone.


Here's the end result:


3 comments:

  1. Hello! I featured your tutorial in my blog post! This was very helpful and inspiring! Thank you. :)

    [TUTORIAL] Dress Pants to Skinny Ankle (Cigarette) Pants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that you were inspired by this post! Your tutorial is wonderful, and I hope that you love your new cigarette pants as much as I love mine : )

      xx Allie Jane

      Delete