Saturday, August 27, 2011

Goodbye Summer

My family spent the last few days of summer enjoying the sun and waves in Ocean City, New Jersey.  While sitting in the sand I felt my first earthquake – the vibrations from the DC earthquake traveled all the way to the beaches of New Jersey!  We returned home on Wednesday, just in time to beat the impending hurricane!

Crazy natural disasters aside, we had a fabulous time at the beach.  Here is a glimpse into our end-of-summer vacay:

clockwise from top left: the view from our room at the Flanders Hotel;
mini golf on the boardwalk; the view from our room; Mac & Manco's Pizza

clockwise from top left: Shriver's fudge; a morning bike ride on the boardwalk;
the beach; Shriver's salt water taffy

clockwise from top left: Brian, Kiri and me riding the log flume at the amusement park;
the decadent desserts at A La Mode Ice Cream Parlor; my feet in the sand;
Ocean City Beach Patrol Headquarters
And now summer is officially over.  In the morning I’ll be heading back to Gettysburg to start my senior year.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment